My name is Umair Jabbar, I am a Software & Web Developer with emphasis on Usability and Marketing Tech Stack. At present, I work as Application Manager at Exasol where it is my responsibility to manage the changes to our websites and help with the usability of the site. I also make sure all the Marketing tools and the CRM work seamlessly together, such as WordPress, HubSpot & Salesforce.
After completing my Masters in Computer Science and Media from Bauhaus University in Weimar, I continued my career working as a Software Developer with solutionDrive. At solutionDrive I was responsible for development of Shopware based E-Commerce sites and OXID Esales plugins.
During my Master studies, I was working part time for Kuzo Media, a Web solutions company based outside Weimar, that specialises in E-Commerce websites and Shopware Plugins. At the same time I was also an elected member of Student Council in Weimar where I experience German Democracy quite closely.
Originally I come from Karachi, the biggest city of Pakistan, which is one of the most underestimated yet fascinating cities of the world. While in Karachi, I have previously worked as a Software Engineer with Express Media Group for their news portal The Express Tribune and some other online entities. And before that I was working with Vbroadcast, a live broadcasting Facebook application because of which I have some knowledge of inner workings and issues surrounding Facebook.
I have excellent command over developing user friendly, optimized, fast, bug free, smart web-applications and websites with a simpler and easily understandable yet optimum code.
We live in a high tech era where every single day new technology out dates the old; however, not every technological advancement is inclined towards positive improvement or betterment of the society and this is where we need Kaizen to take over. Kaizen is a Japanese philosophy which refers to positive improvement or change for the better and this is what I try to implement in my work and personal life.
- Change management, performance optimisation and modifications for www.exasol.com.
- Shopware Theme and Plugins development and complete setup for Kaweco Pens.
- Shopware Theme and Plugins for Mostwanted Pens.
- Backend Development for Meal Management system Meal-O. The Software is developed with PHP Enlight Framework and ExtJS f0r frontend.
- Plugin to Integrate Google Maps for Shopware.
- Facebook Pages Application Platform for RKM Group
- Online News Portal for The Express Tribune, a Pakistani Newspaper http://tribune.com.pk/
- ePaper for a leading news paper in Pakistan. http://express.com.pk/
- Vbroadcast, a live broadcasting Facebook App. (The app is no longer available)